Tuesday, August 20, 2013

To Blog or Not to Blog



It's not really a secret that I'm horrible at blogging, but if there was a support group or AA thing for bloggers that I could join, this is how I would have to introduce myself:

"Hi, I'm Jenn. I'm an author and I suck at blogging."

Then I'd hang my head in shame while giving the following supporting evidence...

I don't have design skills and HTML and I are not friends even in the loosest terms, I don't know how to link back to other blogs aside from inserting a hyperlink in a post, I don't know how to follow via RSS feed (or even know what an RSS feed is exactly) and I have yet to actually sit down to utilize that nifty little blog roll thing in my blogger dashboard that tells me what blogs I follow and then READ those blogs, that is, if I actually remembered to follow them when I stumbled upon them in the first place. But worst of all, I don't regularly write my own blogposts. 

I know. I feel so inadequate and ashamed of myself. I don't know that I've ever really taken myself seriously as a blogger because I've always considered myself to be an author first, but the fact remains, I'm a professional writer. Writers write and blogging can be just as important and gratifying as publishing a book. That's why I've decided to make a change, but I need some help. Starting in September I'm going to take on the challenge of becoming a better blogger by reading other blogs AND posting on a regular basis. Here's where you come in... Some of my ideas are participating in regular features like Top 10 Tuesday posts and easy-peasy stuff like that, but I'd also like to support and engage more with the reader/author/blogger world by conducting regular interviews with book bloggers, authors, and plain ol' regular readers—anyone and everyone in the bookish community actually.

What I'm asking from all of you is to let me know if you're interested in being interviewed by me on my blog (if you're an author or blogger I'll feature either your blog or your latest writing project as well as any giveaways you have going on at the time, and if there isn't one, we can set one up if desired, etc...), and if you're a non-blogging, non-writing reader or someone else in the literary community like a cover artist, editor, or agent, I'll figure something out for you guys to make it worth your time, like maybe an e-book from your wishlist or some such thing. I'd also like to hear what kinds of things you want to know from people. It's doubtful that many people really care to know what someone's favorite color is, and I think I'd like to get a little more insight into who makes up our beloved world of books, so let me know the kinds of things you'd ask if you could.

That's it! Either comment here or email me [contactjenncooksey(at)gmail(dot)com] to express your interest and/or let me know the things you'd like to know about folks! And if you have anyone you'd like to see interviewed, feel free to let me know who they are and how they can be contacted and I'll see what I can do!

3 comments:

  1. You could interview me...but I'm pretty boring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in! Now that we are fb friends (seriously fb, we were before I swear!) I am easy to get in touch with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe!! We haven't word vomited at each other in AGES!! It's been WAY too long...I'm totally in. I'd love to be one of your non-blogger, non-author, random reader interviews and you can ask me ANYthing!!! Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete

I luuurve getting feedback so please, feel free to comment!
(Please be advised that spam will be deleted summarily)

Share the Love Sexy Style